Monday 5 March 2012

There must be a pony

"A mother had two sons: one who was always negative and afraid to try anything new, the other unfailingly optimistic and daredevil. Worried about the implications of her boys' extreme behaviour, one Christmas she carried out an experiment. For the son who would find fault with everything, she placed a bag of brand new toys under the tree. For the son who never saw bad in any situation, she gave a bag of horse manure.

On Christmas morning she heard her children rush downstairs and after a few moments joined them. The negative son sat amongst his new toys and sobbed. When his mother asked what was wrong, he replied "I'm worried that if I play with these toys, I'll break them or get hurt."

The mother turned to the second son who grinned from ear to ear as he pulled out handfuls of crap and dumped it on the floor. When his mother asked what he was doing, he laughed hard as he replied:   "With all this manure, there must be a pony in here somewhere!" "

I had my beloved 18 year old cat put to sleep at the weekend. The cat who was my baby long before the real ones came along. The cat my mum gave me for my 28th birthday. I know nothing lasts forever. I know she had a 'good innings', (I mean my cat, not my mum.) I even believe mum and my cat are together in spirit now. But after several years of receiving mainly dung whilst I try to remain positive and find the bright side of everything, I am ready for my pony now.





 
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Oh Paula, I'm so so sorry to read this :( sending you mahoosive hugs x x x what rotten timing. Poor little girl. I thought we we're going to have to do the same last week with Nancy. I'm scared to take her to the vets tomorrow to be weighed. Oh how we love our beloved kitty cats. Big hugs my lovely x x x x x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, hun. If I'm honest, I think I delayed taking mine to the vets as even though she looked the same, I had a gut feeling she wasn't quite right, then Friday it was obvious. Good luck with Nancy tomorrow. xx

      Delete
  2. Dear Paula, so sorry to hear about your sweet kitty. We have a virtual pet graveyard going on here. There is something so difficult about having to make the final decision, BUT I know our pets are up in Heaven looking down at us, and someday a barage of fur, fins and feathers will greet us again,
    Mary Anne

    ReplyDelete